Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPGEN5X axis question

Don,

Is the this a normal Haas trunion with tilt and full rotary?

I believe by what you have said so far that the tilt is (may) most likily be about the X axis. If this is true then it would seem that this would be "A" and since the full rotary rotates about Z then this would be "C"

Please let me know what is going on as I am not sure how the machine is configured.

I am week in posts but I am running a simalar machine with a pretty nice MPgen based post and I am interest in trying to help if I can.

Thanks,

Mike

B table face is perp to Z

sample prog

( TOOL-4. - 3/16 DRILL )

G20

G0 G17 G40 G80 G90 G94 G98

G0 G28 G91 Z0.

G0 G28 X0. Y0.

( 3/16 DRILL)

T4 M6

G0 G54 G90 X-1.5065 <--this is the Y axis spot, Y-1.213<--should be X, B90. A-1.905 S4889 M3

G43 H4 Z2.5564 M8

G81 G98 Z-1.7686 A-1.907 R-1.1936 F8.45

Y1.213 <--this should be on X axis

G80

M9

M5

G0 G28 G91 Z0.

G0 G28 X0. Y0.

G28 B0. A0.

M30

Don,

Do you have the MPGEN documentation? If you do you can get this figured out. I did the machine I am running as far as this part of it goes. CNC did a lot of other customization for us. It may me a little trial and error as the documentation is kind of hard to understand, for me at least.

If you dont have the documention, your dealer will have it.

If that fails, I believe that I have a CD somewhere around here. let me know, maybe I can put it on the FTP.

Don, I was very stress trying to figure this 5X stuff out in the beginning. What it is is that the post is supposed to do pretty much everything if it is correct.

Mike

Sorry Don just coming into this thread and yes that was the fix you were looking for. If you want to use Canned cycles or other thing with the HAAS they can be written in using the Drill Operations or Misc Codes. I have added this to my post to help clearence issues I have with the post on certain operations and clearning things.

code:

ptlchg0         #Call from NCI null tool change (tool number repeats)                        

##### Custom changes allowed below #####

comment

pcan

pretract2

ptlchg #Tool change

##### Custom changes allowed below #####

pbld, "G46", e

pretract2

pretract2 #5 axis toolpath Clearence Enabled Through Mi3

if mi3 = 1,

[

if zout < 0.,

[

if mr6 < 0.,

[

mr6 = 4.,

pbld, sg00, *mr6, "(Z Clearance)", e

]

else,

[

pbld, sg00, *mr6, "(Z 0 Clearance)", e

]

]

]

I added the Z0 Clearence so I could find it my programs and everything goes the way I want.

I also have a problem wit hthe PZRAPIDOUT on certain toolpaths also. I need it to do the Z move out then do a X, Y move then do a B,C move all on different lines when doing certain 5 axis locking operation that are really 3 axis operation on different c-planes. Thne other time when doing like 5 axis toolpath and straight foward 3 axis toolpaths I like it the way it is. I have played wit ha Mi=3 pzrapid out but then coem the dreaded PSB and parts you can not change to your needs to keep the machine from crashing. I have to d osome pretty jacked up thing to keep the machien from crashing using the MPGEN5Ax post but when dod what we need to do to get the job done.

I would be more than gald ot send you a copy of what I did for our machine just email me [email protected] and send you what I got. I would also give Jimmy a call he seems pretty smart on the 5 axis stuff also. wink.gifwink.gif

HTH sorry to be long winded but been here and fought this now off and on for almost 2 years.

quote:

originally posed by Don S

Hi all

I think I got it thanks so much for the help. I changed this

rotaxis2 = vecz #Zero

rotdir2 = vecx #Direction

to this

rotaxis2 = vecz #Zero

rotdir2 = vecy #Direction

this one took me forever to find also. I also found it necessary to change the vecy to a -vecy.

I have been programming a Haas with a trunnion for over a year now. I am quite sure you are going to encounter many more problems with the mpgen5ax post. If you are interested I can give you information on obtaining a proper post. It will cost you, but it is the most important tool your shop can buy for that machine.

[email protected]

5 AX

Thanks, for now I will continue with customization on this post, I havn't found a machine I couldn't customize a post for yet including 7 axis Eurotech lath. Best way to learn is by doing and with this forum should be able to get it working just fine, I do anticapate many more tweaks but thats the best part.

Thanks, Don S