Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotary Axis & MPGEN5X

MIL-TFP-41

I have a Trunion style 5axis machine. Occasionally, we have to use the absolute limits of machine travel. Recently, I had to cut a large diameter that would of exceeded the limits of my X axis, (would not of overtraveled, but would of crashed into the side of the trunion) so I wanted to rotate my C axis to do the job.

Under the rotary axis tab, I selected 3 axis and "Rotate about Z axis". With MPGEN5X, it broke the arc into a bunch of X & Y moves. With MPMASTER, it did what I wanted it to, that is it rotated my C and left the X & Y alone.

Is there any way to do this with MPGEN5X?

Thanks

I ran into another situation with this yesterday. I had to engrave numbers and letters on the outside of a cone. I wanted to keep my tool on the centerline of the part and use my C axis (the rotary) to move for my X axis. I wound up pasting a program together that I made from MPMASTER, but once again, the rotary axis button in MPGEN5X does not work the way that I hope it would.

Any comments?

I know you are problay wondering why nonone has helped out here and to be honest I think you should contatc your dealer and see what they can offer you. They can come in see your application and problay help you get that post the way you want or recommend a post that would be perfect for your needs. FYI what you are asking for is very spefic and wihtout having your machine in front of alot of the people here and the part and others thing your questions are just really hard to give a good answer to and ask for a lot of guessing and with MPGEN5AX not a good post ot do guessing with. I hope that helps and glad to have you in the forum.