Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock Models grabbing other solids I didn't select

Pretty frequently I have an issue where I will create a stock model, and it will grab other solids in the file that I never selected.  Tombstones, vises, fixtures, etc.  Usually I can just restart MC, and create a new Stock Model, and it will be fine.  Any idea what could be causing this?  For instance,  in this screenshot, the piece of stock is the only thing I selected, and it adds the tombstone and Rock Lock base to the stock model.  

SM.thumb.jpg.d5c6f1e337caca598330ef8b0d18e773.jpg

This may have been logged, recently, as D-54519.  It, too, was a stock model operation that picked up another shape (mesh, solid, ...).  That issue also went away when Mastercam was restarted.  I tried to duplicate the issue but was not successful.

If possible, would you send your part to [email protected]?  Thank you.  

Is this MC2024?  Do you recall what other work you did before creating the stock model operation?  Did you have Mastercam running for some time?  Were you working on other part files?  Anything you recall may help me duplicate this issue.  

It happens to me a lot randomly too.

I saw Aaron chimed in on this post the other day, I don't think I have tried to just hit save and regen as he said, I think I have just restarted Mastercam like you do.

• Like 1

Yep!

Here's two recent threads on it:

1 hour ago, billb said:

This may have been logged, recently, as D-54519.  It, too, was a stock model operation that picked up another shape (mesh, solid, ...).  That issue also went away when Mastercam was restarted.  I tried to duplicate the issue but was not successful.

If possible, would you send your part to [email protected]?  Thank you.  

Is this MC2024?  Do you recall what other work you did before creating the stock model operation?  Did you have Mastercam running for some time?  Were you working on other part files?  Anything you recall may help me duplicate this issue.  

When Curt and I were working on it this past December, Bill, it was logged under D-48731.  With this one, Save (or Save As) always fixes it.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Yep!

Here's two recent threads on it:

When Curt and I were working on it this past December, Bill, it was logged under D-48731.  With this one, Save (or Save As) always fixes it.

Thank you Aaron.  Good to know it's not just me.  

Thanks Aaron!  Thanks Steven!

I was just able to duplicate the issue following the steps of D-48731... in our latest MC code... and in debug!  I'll see if I can get this prioritized and see if I can get it fixed.

(I'm not sure how I missed this one - I try to stay tuned into the forums and stay on top of stock model operation bugs, but completely missed this one.  Sorry!)

• Thanks 4