Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new to horizontal milling

1 minute ago, JB7280 said:

Almost every post we have is based on the MPMaster post.

The only issue I see is that since IHS has stopped developing the MPMaster and moved towards their IKE posting system, an MPMaster will eventually fall behind.

I too went through a good period of time where everything I did was based off of the MPMaster...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gcode said:

There is a Generic Fanuc 4X available from the Tech Exhange on Mastercam.com

It should be supported going forward for the foreseeable future.

Generic Fanuc 4X.jpg

This is what I started with and had my reseller adjust it the way I like to see it. Did some additions for our particular machines. No problems with it.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, JParis said:

The only issue I see is that since IHS has stopped developing the MPMaster and moved towards their IKE posting system, an MPMaster will eventually fall behind.

I too went through a good period of time where everything I did was based off of the MPMaster...

That's a good point.  Are there any pros/cons of the MPMaster vs the Generic Fanuc post?  I've never used the generic post.

30 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

That's a good point.  Are there any pros/cons of the MPMaster vs the Generic Fanuc post?  I've never used the generic post.

They are quite similar...the MPMaster was always nice as it had so many options already built in and usually all you need to do was change a switch...

I have built my last several posts, HMC & VMC based on the generic Fanuc posts I find no issues getting things done....my reality at this point in time though is I simply don't have time to be doing too much post building...I maintain my HMC & VMC posts as I have heavily customized them but anything else, I purchase...my time is better spent on other things.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tim Johnson said:

In two to four weeks I'll be starting to create an OSP post that mirrors our current Fanuc post. That's going to be a nice workout.

I searched the Tech Exchange Post page using Keyword = Okuma Product = Mill and it returned

3 pages of OSP mill posts... they've even got 2025 posts up now

• Thanks 2