Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

preselect, groups, results & xforming in X.... plus levels problem.

MIL-TFP-41

I am not sure I am liking the preselect feature on X...at least the way i am using it. I know that many times I must rotate a part on 2 different construction planes...or rotate and then translate to get the geometry the way I need it. Is there any way to xform a group or a result???

Also, my levels button is broke/not working properly. On the levels manager I can create levels all day long ( not sure of the need for 2 billion levels, but thats a different story ). The problem I am running into is when I exit the levels manager and use the drop down button to change levels...all it ever shows is level 1. I also cannot type a level number in this field. To change levels other than level 1 I must go into the levels manager...but I can change back to level 1 via the drop down box....

anyone else seeing this????

1) You can turn off Pre-selection if it gets in your way - its in Settings/Config/Screen. Look for the "Allow Pre-Selection" checkbox.

(Also, you don't HAVE TO pre-select in Xform).

And when you want to select a "group" or "result", select "All" and you'll see "Xform Result" and "Xform Group" in the "Select All" dialog

quote:

You do not have to open the level manager to use a new level, you can just type in the level you want to "create" or make active. The level manager only has to be used for adding a descriptor or manipulating more than one level at a time.

this DOES NOT work on mine. I cannot type ANYTHING in this field, not even level 1. I can create & name levels all day long in the levels manager, but that drop down box is totally useless for me....I can switch to level 1 with it,(via the drop down, not by typing) but no matter how many levels I define/name...All I can choose is level 1 (sometimes it comes up with level zero tho)

bug maybe (definatly)?????