Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machines rather than posts

DavidB

Hi all,

Im getting lost with X regarding Machines rather than posts.

Im so used to V9 where I'd make toolpaths then I could just post to any machine by selecting a different post.

I updated all my posts for X so I have a machine def's now for all my updated posts.

At the start of a sesion in X you have to select a machine ok so far.

Now they want to do that job on a differant machine and I need to repost programs with a different post.

Also I want to look at the new Mpmaster X post coding for 4-axis.

So how can i select that post just to give it a try and see how far of what i need it is?

Thanks

In the operations manager, you have the Properties line just under Machine Group. Expand Propties, go into Files and hit the Replace button. This allows you to select a different post (a different machine really).

When this happens, the operations you have will be checked against the machine to make sure that they are compatible (i.e. if your ops include 4th axis machining, then the new machine should be able to support that too or you will run into problems).

Then if I had two or three machine groups with say 200 toolpaths in each machine group to do 1 job, just so I could pick a differant post. headscratch.gif

Then if a change was done say to a dimesion. The changes would have to be done in all the toolpaths in each machine group not just one headscratch.gif

Also I did some edits to the Mpmaster X post how can I select this post just to see what the code looks like? Make another machine group?

Thx

How you use the machine groups is really up to you. Storks idea is fine but but it might be easier to simply save the file if you want to retain the settings with a certain machine selected.

As far as using MPMaster, it comes with an associated .control file. Place that file in the cnc_machines folder. Place the post in the MillPosts folder. Open X and open the Mill 4X VMC machine definition in the machine definition manager (via the Machine Type dropdown). Select the MPMaster control in the control definition dropdown and save the defintion as a new name. Now you will be able to select it in the Machine Type - Mill dropdown or replace the machine in a machine group with it.