Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Peck Drilling

DavidB

I don't really use a standard as such. I go by max chip evacuation for that particular application.

For a thru coolant drill you are only limited by the flute length if you have good chip evacuation, so G81 (simple drill for Heidi users)for most.

If you have good chip evacuation but no thru coolant G73 (chip break cyc 203?)is the go.

For poor chip evacuation use G83 (cycle 200).

Most good drills should do 3xD before a peck is needed, no matter what the conditions.

HTH

Bruce

quote:

Usually over 2.5x Dia. and I'm pecking, but that's just me and my preference

I'd love to be able to achieve this, we use for the vast majority of our drilling, Guhring Series 552 drills.

If I send out a peck at even 1 x D, it gets knocked back to 50-60%. Aggravating, because I know they cut better then they are given the chance.

Should have seen the looks on their faces when I G81'd at 30IPM right thru a 303 SST part with a masterdrill. Couple of jaws had to be helped up.