Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coolant options

DavidB

I want to select throu spindle coolant for a toolpath.On the COOLANT button Flood is the only option I can select.Mist and Thru-tool are greyed out.

How can I select the Thru-tool coolant option?

And post out a M26 for this option?

In my machine def under Coolant commands Flood,Mist and Thru-tool are white.All are Enable ON but only Flood has Disable as off.

Thanks in advance

David,

If you don't use one of the current options you have, you can edit it in the post for the correct M code output and then go into your general machine parameters under your machine def and enable it there.

There is a thread around here from not too long ago, connermac I think was looking to do this, the process to achieve it is there.

Now if you want to ADD this to your existing post on top of what you already have, you're going to have to add in all the code for the new X style coolant, if this is your desire, check out the new MPmaster the code setup is there for you.

John

I read the transition guide and worked it out.

It seems you can only select 1 coolant type.

I would have liked thru-tool M26 and I also have a shower coolant M29 to wash away swarf.

In the tool parameters you can only select one coolant option to be active. I can not select Flood and Thru-toll for the one tool.

Thanks mate

If that's what you want to do you might want to consider adding the X style coolant into your post, you could then create a custom coolant call that turned them both on when you wanted to use and the normal ones for regular use.

Just an idea

David,

If you go into your machine def and then into the general machine parameters, you will see a tab for coolant. On this page there is a check box for "support coolant using coolant value in post processor". If this is checked, it means your coolant must be setup in the post. If you uncheck this value it allows better control of the coolant using canned text, the catch is your post needs to support coolant in this fashion.

If you have updated a version 9 post, this won't work, but if you are working off a new version X post, the coolant should be setup this way and will allow you to turn on multiple coolants at once, either before, with or after an operation.

Chris

David,

You could set up a scenerio where a misc int variable will trigger a particular coolant output.

Or you're in for some serious post editing.

It is doable with your posts but not quickly or easily, at least that I am aware of.

David,

Can you give me a blurb of how you need your code to look. I'll see if I can work it into a post and post it up for you.

How and where does it turn on and then off

[ 04-06-2006, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: John Paris @ Kevlin Microwave ]

David will this work for you?

Set your current coolant #3 to this

code:

sm08_2  M26     #Coolant Tool

Then after your G43 callout

code:

pbld, n$, "G43", *tlngno$, pfzout, scoolant, next_tool$, e$

if coolant$ =3, pbld, n$, "M29", e$

That will give you this if you use the 3rd coolant option only

code: