Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCx 5 axis video card

cboggs

I have stated earilier in this post that I had very little difference between a $150 card & a $1500 card. Processor speed makes the most dramatic impact with Mastercam.

I have not experiemented with a dual core processor, but I suspected the results you are seeing would be true. Mastercam is not written to take advantage of multiple processors....I think (hope) this will change in the near future because dual-core is becomming commonplace. Right now the best mastercam system would be the fasest single-core processor with solid vid-card (not necesarally a $1500 one)

Some Ge-Force cards can be modded into a Quadro using riva-tuner. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

very handy...and it works.