Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 wish list.

RandleXX

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're taking it wrong what I'm saying. I apologize if it sounded harsh. I'm actually very pleased with mastercam paths and they have proved to me time and time again that they care what I'm saying.

My point is that when I try to explain to them what I want in the solids portion of the software it seems like I'm talking to people who have never solid modeled before. I honestly mean no offense. I don't know how their QC department is laid out. Are the people who reply to us developers or phone answerers. I'm not sure about that. But my point is. I'm trying to politely and correctly tell them what I want. I bought this seat of mastercam 3 years ago and so far nothing has been done on the "solids front". I understand that X was a major overhaul. And they addressed what people told them they wanted. But if I don't say what I need how would I know if they have plans of adding it in.

There are some super intelligent people putting a lot of time and effort in on the cam side. and I'm greatful for that. I hope they could put some of that brain power to their cad side soon.

PEACE (back atcha) biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

I'd like to see my trimmedextended surfaces stay on the same level that they were originally on, and not jump to some random level every time.

That and the ability to make a surface off a solid in the color that is in the bottom menu bar. Sometimes making surfaces off a solid, it will come up with 3 different colors for surfaces. Maybe im missing something with that?

I would like the new "select-All-Solids" feature for toolpaths (see "What's New" document) to work for EVERY feature in MCX. Specifically, I'd like to be able to select All-Solids when creating edge curves-all edges, or create-surfaces-from solid.

Thad

"...using "X" makes me want to gouge out my eyes with searing steak knives..."

Mmmmmm, do I want to help this guy or not????

OK - let's try...

Andrew,

I never heard about a trimming level problem, but the bug where newly extended surfaces (trimmed or not) can jump to an odd level (if the current level > 255) was only pointed out to us a couple weeks ago (too late for MR2).

The surface colors when creating them from a solid are actually coming from the way the face was colored in the CAD product from which it was imported. At least that's what we're trying to do. Yeah - that could be corrected (and probably should be).

"... The surface colors when creating them from a solid are actually coming from the way the face was colored in the CAD product from which it was imported. At least that's what we're trying to do. Yeah - that could be corrected (and probably should be). ...."

Pete,

If this is a bug, please dont fix it.

As it is, its the only way to know the original solid face color.

This is used many times to show where the solid model was modified.

Speaking about solid faces colors, how about the ability to have diferent colors in solid faces?

I'd like when reselecting toolpath geom via the toolpath itself the F3 key to clear the screen like it did in V9. If you select the Geom tab in a toolpath and then want to reselect the geom the old geom stays heigh lighted and its a pain,if I;m rechaining all why do I want to see the old geom highlighted?

Thanks

quote:

If you select the Geom tab in a toolpath and then want to reselect the geom the old geom stays heigh lighted and its a pain,if I;m rechaining all why do I want to see the old geom highlighted?

David,

When I enter the Chain Manager all the chains are highlighted and the start position/direction arrows are displayed. When I select ‘Rechain All’ the chain highlighting goes away (the arrows are still displayed). What else are you looking for?

quote:

mick, try the chook tslot2.dll

Is this something that available to all or is it an add-on.

I tried to access it and it tells me my maintenance has expired and I am trying to run a newer version of an add-on.

headscratch.gif

quote:

the arrows are still displayed

BINGO! biggrin.gif

That's what I don't like about it and IIRC from previous threads, that's David's issue also. The unneeded arrows clutter things and are a nuisance when rechaining.

Thad

If that line in a signature gets people worked up....you have issues you might want to deal with on your own (or attempt to understand sarcasm).

I've been emailing pete as of late and it looks like they're working on a solution for the surface extendtrimming situation and the random surface from solid coloring issue. Until the situation is solved, i'll be moving entities back to their original level. I will try to provide them with a file, but most of the jobs at the shop here are not meant for everyones eyes.

slightly ot

I'm not trying to bash the mastercam product. I am however trying to give a younger persons perspective into things here. I am 20, and have been working with mastercam since I was 16. While I know I may not have as much experience with mastercam as some, I do have a rather indepth knowledge in it. I've tried to do basically anything and everything I can with mastercam to get it to crash and whatnot to help out the guys at cnc software (unfortunately my other computer wasnt hooked up to the network at the shop, so I couldnt send in the error reports). And above all else, I'm not afraid to RTFM or try something new....Heck I'm the one at the shop here that got up on everyones case to switch to X. haha (yes my dads finally making the big switch)

Andrew

I would like my V9 back. banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Sorry had to say that i just started switching to X and never like all the icon based software out there. Was really happy with the word based menus. It was really easy training co-workers how to use it. Now its more like hit the little picture 3 rowes from your right 2 rowes from the top that you can't even see because you don't wear your glasses you idiot! banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Allright that feels better. I'll get back to learning again. Wish me luck Please. bonk.gif