Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th (A) axis not rotating during program

RMagnusson

Hello,

We have a newly installed (but used) rotary table as our A axis. We can make the unit rotate cw and ccw manually, and it will zero return, but will not operate during a program.

Programmed in MCX, using fanuc4X post from MC, Mazak FJV-25 using an LMC rotary table.

I've tried rotating it via MDI a number of ways like this:

G00A45.;

(throws a 'no linear command in 2nd block' alarm

M10;

G00A45.;

M11;

(throws an 'invalid M code' alarm)

My program backplots and verifies well. There are Axx moves in the post. My meager knowledge has run out...

Any suggestions greatly appreciated bonk.gif

The table is connected to the mill via Cannon plugs, and there is a 'drive' unit in the electrical cabinet in back labeled '4th.'

I dont know if its brushless servo drive or not, how can I tell?

It has air coming in driving hydraulic fluid powering what I assumed was the clamp/unclamp mechanism.

sorry, to clarify, M10 and M11 are for the 4th axis brake clamping. some brushless servos dont need mechanical clamping mechanisms because the servo holds it pretty solid in place when positioning.

im assuming that since it threw an invalid mcode error when you threw it M10 and M11, that it either uses different codes for 4th axis brake or it doesnt use it at all. however im not sure about why it is not rotating for you. but id make sure that your rotary table is oriented properly and connected to the correct axis (if it has more connections than just A axis), and that your machine definitions are set up correctly in X.

id say the best way to find out more about the rotary table would be to contact the manufacturer.

To zero return I am: turning on mill and NC, the 'home 1' key is already illuminated, so just press '-4' and it returns.

I have the table installed in a Mazak FJV-25 VMC.

The related parameters I see are:

L21 'Output type of index (rotary) table' 0=servo spindle

1=select the code set by K56

-Set to 1

K56 'Name of second auxiliary function' O=INVALID

41=A

42=B

43=C

-set to 41

L38 'M/B code for index of index table' 0=turning CW

1=turning CW/CCW/shortcut

2-9999=Numeric value is the M code to be output

-set to 1

There are a few other that deal with the 4th axis, but they dont seem as relevant.

My machine def seems to be correct, but I can post the part if anyone wants to look at it.

One questions: in the parameters book I have its often says 'Do xx for index table, yy for NC table.' Whats the difference in tables?