Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bypass door locks

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

DEFINITELY a bad idea to be re-wiring stuff. I would not even think about doing that one. The one cool thing about Mori's in their factory state is that you can at least run the machine in single block with the door open if you need to. SUcks for probing because it takes forever to do anything because of the hundreds of lines if variables it has to go through to do anything. But as was stated by desmotom, turn the beeper down, turn the key so the door can be openened and you're good to go for at least a peek here and there.

I'm not going to argue this one James, but there are instances where you just got to see what's going on in there.

quote:

turn the beeper down, turn the key so the door can be openened

Not without stopping a spindle first.

With parameter overwrite I use it only for myself and only one other operator. And machine will rapid only at 25% of max with the door open, but once you close it it goes back to 100% and you can't open it again unless you know how to stop a spindle in the middle of the program without affecting anything.

And if a person knows how to do that, he is smart enough to respect cnc machine and be carefull around it.

But I'm not arguing your point James. Smartest way is to leave all safety in factory defaults.

cheers.gif

Regards, Mark

I agree Mark, there are times you just need to get in there.

Probing comes to mind, deep pocketing when the chips do not completely flush out, reach around the down and clear them out with air, visually check tight tool clearances, etc.....

Obviously running with the door wide open is nuts but being able to get in at certain times is a necessity.

if it is a production part with a button pusher, yes the saftey needs to be there. but as others has said above, sometimes you have to be in there while its running. 3d work with small tools, there is almost always a tight tool clearance that needs to checked. deep pockets will always chew on the chips if you can't get in there to blow out. the tool manufacturers put all the liability on the tool shop by not letting us have control when needed, so we have to bypass the saftey. what about cnc knee mills, there is no saftey with a totally open machine.

A osha guy came down to one of the local shops( don't know why) but all their machines run with the saftey bypassed, and he told the osha guy that he would have to close the doors(close down the shop) if he had to run with the door saftey in place. they are still running with the doors open.