Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpgen5ax question

MIL-TFP-41

hello all,

I was wondering if someone out there could help explain this section of the post to me

code:

#pri_limtyp = 1, tolerance to validate tripping limit

# reset the p_frc_adj_sec flag when back to normal range

#pri_limtyp = 2, angle move >= to trigger reposition on primary and

# angle move >= with rev5 or 180 reposition to validate tripping limit

p_rsoft_tol : 45

#sec_limtyp = 2, Angle move >= for reposition

s_soft_tol : 270

adj_lim_trp : 90 #Angle move in p_pri_rot180 to trip reposition

#pri_limtyp = 3 and sec_limtyp = 3 control values

p_rsoft_tol3 : 90 #Angle move >= with rev5 or 180 reposition

particulary the last 2 numbers. I have table/table type machines. When doing some drill 5ax programs I have had trouble with the post canceling drill cycles to reposition (when it has to move the c axis 180 deg) and then it will call up the drill cycle again, usually with a feedrate of zero.

My fix was to change the last 2 numbers to 360, now it will do the drill cycle properly, that is not cancel itself when repositioning 180 deg, but then I had problems doing either a curve 5ax or a swarf cut when the A axis would tilt to positive...A would never go positive and the post would reposition the c axis 180 deg.

I then changed the numbers to 360 and 180, and both cycles seem to work...but it got me curious as to what these numbers actually do...I know its some kind of repositioning thing but I don't understand how they work.

hope some of you can follow that.

Thanks