Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vericut

Hardmill

Who uses it ??

Do you use the MC 2 Vericut c-hook ??

We've had training all week here and it still looks like a

big chore to set up.

I ran a part through with 6 WCSs' and it brings in all

the toolpath groups and toollists OK but it does'nt

bring in the WCSs' like it should.

Anyone got any input ?? Much appreciated. cheers.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif

[ 10-18-2007, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Hardmill ]

It is worth it's weight in gold!

We do not use the c-hook, set up everything semi-manually.

We have a starter file of sorts so you do not have to change settings every time and some standard tool lists so the tool setup is really easy.

It takes about 5 minutes to set up any job regardless of the number of operations to get what we want.

As far as the WCS, We have a post that outputs a matrix only to read into Vericut to establish coordinate systems, then assign that to each program.

If you are running machine sim then that method will not work as well, but for about 95% of the things we are doing, the SIM is just overkill.

Gcode Verification is ran on EVERYTHING that goes to the shop floor. If you would like details on the method to our madness ask away.

They say they'd like to run it on pretty much evrything that

goes to the floor, but I just cant see it happened.

Maybe im just being a pessimist (sp?)

Just seems like a lot to set up for some of the things we do.

I do see its value on the larger projects we do.

And yes I we appreciate any/all the input you could give

me. Ill be sharing this with all involved. wink.gif

quote:

As far as the WCS, We have a post that outputs a matrix only to read into Vericut to establish coordinate systems, then assign that to each program.

I would be very interested in your process since I always use

the WCS and am trying to get everyone else on board.

PEACE biggrin.gif

We use the Chook everyday. For a one wcs program with 1 stock piece and up to 10 tools I can go from MCX to set-up vericut (ready to verify) in 10-15 min. For set-ups with multiple stock and wcs it takes a little longer, but usually no more than an hour. I have starter vericut files for each of our machines. We also run auto-diff on most parts that go through Vericut.

So the basic method is you post a file that outputs just a matrix for each of your programs with different WCS. In Vericut you load these in the NC Programs and hit play. Vericut will read the Matrix and create a coordinate system by itself. Then you can dump the matrix files(once it creates the coord sys you don't need them anymore) and load your actual programs and assign a coordinate system to each program.

In Vericut if you load a program as Gcode it will need to have this format for a matrix:

(VERICUT-MATRIX -1.,.0,.0,157.68784,-.0,-1.,.0,.62478,.0,.0,1.,4.67062)

If it is APT then it will need to have this format:

PPRINT/VERICUT-MATRIX,-1.,.0,.0,157.68784,-.0,-1.,.0,.62478,.0,.0,1.,4.67062

The matrix is based off the 1027 Line of the NCI file. headscratch.gif Been a long time since we set this up.

-1. 0.00000069 0. -0.00000069 -1. 0. 0. 0. 1. -157.68783526 -0.62493288 4.67061853

We run Gcode exclusively and do not bother with NCI or APT. I want what is going to the floor being verified as to check for post errors as well.

cheers.gif

All my programs get run through Vericut. The c-hook is a PITA for me though. If you have probing and use Renishaw's Inspection Plus software subs you'll need to rig up one line of their code. It is a chore to set up when you're starting out but as you get used to the process you'll find a lot of shortcuts you can create.

We use the chook daily. I like the way it brings in the tools defs. for undefined tools, it's a breeze to convert the custom mcx tool wire into a dxf and import into Vericut.

Most of our work is 4/5 axis, so the WCS is CL of rotation, and it comes right into Vericut without messin with the matrix.

The longest is getting the machine and control files tweaked just so....

Only check Gcode, and use autodiff. more accurate IMO than compare to STL.

Vericut just saved my bacon on a 334,000 line 5 axis program that MC verify showed good, but Vericut showed gouges in. Changed my tolerances in MC from .001 to .0002 and gouges were gone.

Its been about 4 yrs since I used it last, still appears

to be pretty much the same.

I got to admit I was a little disapointed the WCS has not

been addressed yet. headscratch.gif Im putting together a file

for tech support so they start an enhancement request.

As soon as were done with all the class-room "BS" Im going

to really look into the 5 axis stuff,

since we will be needing it in the near future.

Thanks boys. cheers.gifcheers.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif