Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Still unable to do math in Dialog boxes

andrewgore

I'm still running into the issue of not being able to do math in my dialog boxes in X2MR2. It's not just me either. All 3 seats in the one room here have the same problem. Weird thing is, is that this problem is somehow intermittent. Sometimes when I edit a tool lengthdiameter, I can put in 1.2mm and get the 0.047" that I need. Other times, it just refuses to work. All 3 computers in the room here are latest windows 64 bit xp. Everything is all updated in regards to windows as well. Any thoughtsideas here?

Andrew

Yup,

I've tried almost every method. Doing the actual math. Typing in 1.2mm (used to work, and sometimes does). I've tried hitting ENTER instead of TAB, and everything else. I'm at a loss, but now ran into my HST waterline path gouging into my part, so I gotta work on that first. haha. Let's hope I don't lose anymore tools on this one.

Quick questionsriddle..... What has a containment set to INSIDE and still gouges the part outside of said containment?

Andrew

I found the deal with the first "gouge". basically since with HST's, you can't set your stock to leave on the floors different than on the walls, it is leading in at -0.002" in a section. I usually compensate for this in my offset in the machine. The other gouge is just out of control how far out of the zone it is. I have containment set to Inside. I'm sending z2g to qcmy reseller.

Never enough fun in the day smile.gif

Andrew

Yeah, ran the patch. At least I remember installing it, Double clicked the install deal. maybe i'll do it again for kicks, but im 99.999999% sure I did. It appears to be more of something to do with containment and solid model. I believe it had more to do with the linking parameters and how that related to my containment. I've gotten it sorted out for the most part I believe.

Andrew