Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tooling supplier/manufacturer suggestions

Michael Sullivan

Can anyone recommend a tooling company that supplies

relieved tooling like endmills with relieved or reduced shanks. I'm looking for a 3/4 endmill that can cut 3.5 deep without chchchchchatter. biggrin.gif

Something maybe with a 1-1/2 LOC but extended relieved shank maybe 5.0" OAL.

Carbide or High speed steel will do.

I've been trying with a Weldon Crestcut end mill but the flutes are just too long and the MiniMill is not rigid enough. I'm just using it for a finish cut in 6061 Al.

Thanks,

Use the Dataflute HSM series, they rock!

I would go for a shorter flute length if possible and take more passes. I've done walls 6" deep in aluminum with these cutters, stepping down the wall and taking multiple passes. You couldn't even tell where the witness marks from each pass were.

FYI, in some situations the SS (stainless) series of these reduced neck cutters also work well. They contain more nickle and cobolt and take shock and interrupted cuts better than the standard HSM series.