Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill.set edtting

Hello all. I would like to get my mill.set setup sheet to pickup from my operations manager the description of the machine to be setup. This is what my setup sheet header looks like when I post it:

Date : 06 - 18 - 09

PROGRAMMER : JON

PROGRAM NUMBER : O5201 .NC

MACHINE : BR 80

TOUCH-OFF POINT : TOP OF MILL

FIXED G54 (0,0) : 0,0 HOLE

COMMENTS : CUTS THE PARTING SIDE OF THE FILL PLATE - 1" THICK

I have the mill.set setup so it prompts for Machine, Touch-off Point, Fixed G54 (0,0), and Comments. I want to have the Machine desription load itself so I don't have to type it in everytime. This should be easy to do but I've tryed several times over the last months and can't get it. I tryed to upload my mill.set to the FTP site but couldn't. I serched for help on how to upload but had no luck finding a complete answer. I have Filezilla but don't know address and password to connect. Thanks in advance. I will post to FTP site if someone helps me with exactly what I need to do.

just force it in where you want it i have a setup sheet for each machine and when that machine is active the files are set to get the correct setup sheet

"WORK COORDINATE :" "G54" e$

"SET X ZERO AT :" e$

"SET Y ZERO AT :" e$

"SET Z ZERO AT :", "FACE OF PART" e$

posted code from setup sheet

WORK COORDINATE :G54

SET X ZERO AT :

SET Y ZERO AT :

SET Z ZERO AT :FACE OF PART

HTH

Sorry Tony I spoke to soon. I can get some of my control defs to work but not all. I created mill.set files with new names matching each machine. I went into the control def and picked the correct mill.set file to matchi this machine. On someof the machines I get the crrocet setup sheet, on others even thou is shows the correct file, it still uses the old setup sheet. This isn't the first time I've had trouble getting defaults to stay put. What am I doing wrong?!? banghead.gif