Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multi surf Error help

DavidB

quote:

Also make sure you are not using to low of a database setting for toolpaths. I have mine set at 98% and not had a problem. Check the virtual memory of the computer and make sure it is set to automatic and not a managed size.

Ron can you please explain where these settings you speak of are?

Thanks Dave

setting/configration/toolpaths Memory Buffering what is the % of physical memory set to.

Windows 7

Right click on my computer/properties/advanced system setting then the advanced tab.

Window XP

Right click on my computer/properties/advanced system tab.

Then performance settings button/advanced tab/Virtual Memory then hit the change button. Then in the Virtual Memory make sure it is set to System managed size.

then you should be using the what the computer needs when it needs it. On the Visual Effect tabs you can tell it best performance and it will help speed up the computer a little as well.

HTH

Ron you're too quick for me, but I'll post it anyways.

toolpathconfig.jpg

virtualmemory.jpg

I seriously doubt this will help you. The toolpath is trying to swap 342 Terabytes of space.

Maybe you inadvertantly selected multiple surfaces, or your WCS/Tplane is off axis from the system top.

My best guess without seeing the file:

Double check your drive surfaces and your planes.

Like I suggested earlier, if you can put the file on the ftp site, it would be easier for someone to help you out.

[ 07-05-2010, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Rob @ R & D Engineering ]

I cant put the work I do on the FTP site Rob.

I worked it out, the settings made no differance so I removed the roughing from the toolpath and it generated instantly.

I created a single new roughing stock surface and it's all good now.

Thanks Guys