Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 Catia translator

mfranco

Hello,

We have recently installed X5 on the same computer that we were using X4 on. I was able to open up Catia files in X5 just fine until I uninstalled X4. I have narrowed down which file X5 is looking at by process of elimination - C:\mcamx4\COMMON\catiadata\lib3dx\intel_a - and the 2 files in there are (code and resources). If I delete these out of the X4 folder, X5 is unable to open up Catia files but I can delete everything in the X4 folder but these 2 files, the Catia files open fine in X5. In the X5 configuratiion I see that the "Default Component Library" file is pointing to "ALL COMPONENTS MM.GMD" in X4. Everything else that I checked is pointing to X5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am only on her during 3rd shift So I will try to respond to any questions as soon as I can.

Thank you.

Thanks Hockey Guy.

JMC - Our IT department packages everything together and then dumps it into what they call a Program Installer. This is how we do all our software installs. I never see the installation disks. I was told this afternoon that the Catia translator was included in the installer and it was the one that came with Mastercam (CNC Software).

Is there a way of checking that the translator was included?

Again, I can open up Catia files fine in X5 as long as those 2 files in X4 are still installed.