Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Machine!

MIKE_B

Hi All

I am totaly new to Horizontal machining. We are getting a new Mori NHX4000 with a MAPPS IV control (I know nothing about this control).

This will be a single pallet changer with future palns to add CPP system.

List of options we are getting:

1: 120 tool capicity

2: Full 4th axis rotary table

3: Through spindle coolant

4: Optical spindle touch sensor (Renishaw)

5: Table touch sensor (Metrol)

6: SSS control (Not sure what this is yet)

Can you guys tell me some must haves or any other info your willing to share? And also do I go to my reseller for a post or do we try and get one with the purchase of the machine?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

Thanks

Mike

MPMASTER is the way to go like others have said....maybe a few minor tweeks that can easily be addressed on this forum. 120 tools? get more now if you have the option.....120 may seem like alot now, tho trust me on this....the more the better. I am now working with machines that have 320 tools (50 taper) and that is not enough. Granted, it will take you a few years to grow into these large magazines.....once you do you will realize the benefits ($$$)

5: Table touch sensor (Metrol)

not sure what that is. Whatever it is make sure you have a touch probe and laser detection.

Will you look at Esprit seeing you will get a seat with that machine?

Esprit will be set for your machine with a fully functional post and machine definition for maching simulatoin.

You will have a floating licence of Esprit in the machines controller so you can set it up on a PC

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Inverse (or lack thereof) is ALWAYS a builder issue. They chose not to make it standard.

Back to 120 Tools... that is SO NOT ENOUGH TOOLS for a machine in a pallet system. I know 120 sounds like a lot, but it's nothing.

Esprit will be set for your machine with a fully functional post and machine definition for maching simulatoin.

You will have a floating licence of Esprit in the machines controller so you can set it up on a PC

Thats a great option too.

Its a different beast but does the job very well.

PEACE :D

Thats a Fanuc thing....Mori is not to blame for this.....I have seen this on more than one make. You are right tho....it should be standard

If I am not mistaken, Mori is now using Mitsubishi controls on their NH machines (and others). As far as I know, they have always used them on their X series machines which are the budget series I believe. They have the old style column, single ball screws, etc. I am going from memory here (which isnt very good in my old age) so....

Maybe DavidB@DMG/Mori Seiki can clear this up?

This is very true and would be great EXCEPT! If you were to plan on programming any of your other machinery with this seat of Esprit they will not be supported Unless they are all NH(x) that is. Im not sure if things have changed since I last talked to Esprit, but if we wanted support for the rest of our machines we had to purchase another seat of Esprit that was not tied to the Mori. We couldnt just purchase a post.

Yes the seat of Esprit in the Mori machine is setup only for that machine purchased. But it will get you up and running with this new machine from day 1.

You can also use the Esprit posted G code to give to your post developer as a templete for your Mp post. As others have stated the MP Master Horizontal will only need minor tweaks.

What spindle taper did you select?

Good Luck Dave

Yes the seat of Esprit in the Mori machine is setup only for that machine purchased. But it will get you up and running with this new machine from day 1.

You can also use the Esprit posted G code to give to your post developer as a templete for your Mp post. As others have stated the MP Master Horizontal will only need minor tweaks.

Good Luck Dave

Up and running from day 1? Are you assuming that a person can learn to use a new cad/cam system in only one day? We must have some geniuses in here. :)

Any chance that you could clear my other question/s up? Do the X series machines, or any of the newer Mori's, come with Mitsubishi controls now?

Good Luck Dave

Dave, I also was told that the seat of Esprit that comes in a new Mori is only a 1 or 2 year license and after that you would need to buy a seat from Esprit. Does that sound correct?

Any chance that you could clear my other question/s up? Do the X series machines, or any of the newer Mori's, come with Mitsubishi controls now?

There are a lot of Moris that come with Mitsubishi controls for the last 5 years or so, they just don't really advertise which ones.

Dave, I also was told that the seat of Esprit that comes in a new Mori is only a 1 or 2 year license and after that you would need to buy a seat from Esprit. Does that sound correct?

Incorrect, Mori will support Esprit for the machine warranty period of 2 years. Then if required the end user may purchase SMC at 12% of the current list price of standard ESPRIT for the configuration of ESPRIT they are operating. So for example, if the license would sell for $10,000, the annual software maintenance contract cost would be $1200/year.

Reagrding the posts.

Each ESPRIT for MAPPS on-machine license is configured with the full set of ESPRIT’s capability for the machine on which it is installed. No other machine may be programmed with this license. For example, if a customer buys a NMV 5000 without the turning option, the ESPRIT license would be only program 2-5 axis milling. The post would be for the NMV 5000. No other post processor would be able to run on that copy of ESPRIT. If a customer needs more posts processors or runs other brands of machines, then your local Esprit rep would step in and give the customer options regarding buying additional licenses of ESPRIT.

Yes Mori uses Mitsubishi controllers in the NHX. The NL has always been Mitsubishi.

Incorrect, Mori will support Esprit for the machine warranty period of 2 years. Then if required the end user may purchase SMC at 12% of the current list price of standard ESPRIT for the configuration of ESPRIT they are operating. So for example, if the license would sell for $10,000, the annual software maintenance contract cost would be $1200/year.

That sounds pretty reasonable. Thanks for the reply

I have 7 NH4000 DCG machines they are very good, and I use the mpmaster.pst with a few modification, works very good make sure you get, Max Memory and program numbers as well as extended macro variables, fixture and tool offsets. Also (G10) data input, (G68) Coordinate rotation and tool life management.

I have a NH5000 with 120 tools and 6 pallets in a pool. I have 50 or 60 part numbers and 120 tools is not enough! The NH doesn't have full 4th like the NHX does. The next machine we get, and that will be soon, will have 250 tools. The boss is so happy with the spindle on time of this machine he's already shopping for another. We also just bought 3 more pallets so we can get more work on the machine with a quick change over time.