Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do you get X6 to show holder crashes in verify?

I had a short cutter sticking out 1-1/2, and that is what I depicted in the tool

parameters page, verify Does MC or verify use that information?

I missed a surface that I made to ensure that my short 1/2 ball didnt go down

where my 4"stickout 1/2" ball would go, and now I have a crash to fix.

I hear ppl talking about holders and defining or selecting them or select a predefined solid or what ever??

but never have needed it as I must have been careful enuf not to error on that behalf, to date.

If I defined a holder in some other way then in the pic, would verify pick up the crash?

here is the only holder definition that I use on the tool page, and it is not enough.

holder.png

any help will be greatly appreciated

Rick

Select a holder from the holder page in the tree drop down and apply it to the tool. If you can't find one in one of the existing libraries you can build one from scratch. Then when you verify select the holder icon in verify and it will verify with the holder you created for the tool.

I never modify the holder in the tool parameters pages. I use the holders tab in the tree as well. They have some decent holder libraries in there already, I usually start with my spindle connection library, i.e. cat 40, cat 50, hsk, etc, modify the dimensions of my holder to match my mine and ssve the library. Now anytime I want to to use that tool I holder I just grab it form the library. You can also have define the minimum amount of clearance between your holder and material in the 3d highspeed toolpaths and have the tool path gouge check for interference. it will actually modify the motion of the toolpath so it never gets closer than the specified distance. Works pretty well. Let me know if you need more explanation. :cheers: