Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Running Dual Video Cards - One Gaming Card with One Professional

Rotary Ninja

This seems like a silly question to me because I consider myself to be fairly PC savvy. But I have never tried running dual video cards that weren't SLI...

Would it be possible to run a Quadro alongside a GTX card? I am running the HLE of X6 and currently have this system setup as a gaming PC. It doesn't do too well with Mastercam though so I am thinking an upgrade may be in order. I would want to use the same monitor for both so I could just use a second input on the monitor. Would I need to somehow setup Mastercam to use the Quadro, and my games to use the GTX card? Would this even work?

Thanks.

In windows 7 when i right click on an icon there is a render openGL on... option.......

I am running a Quadro 4000 and a GTX 55TI,

My original thinking was i would hook my nice monitors up to the quadro outputs; but it still drags on the quadro when i move the window onto a monitor driven by the GTX card.

Not an expert by any means, this is just my experience.