Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

help with changing entities properties

timl0886

We receive scaled prints from the customer in .dxf format which we open in mastercam x4 and then put a toolpath to. The prints I'm currently working on were revised after they were drawn to change certain hole sizes from 9/16" to 11/16". They didnt actually change the hole size on the print and just added a notation to the holes so I have to go through and manually change the hole size. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to change all these holes in one selection. If i choose multiple entities and try to change them at once it will only change the hole size on one.

I would change the tool in my program and call it done. As long as the location is correct why do you need to change the DXF? Get the job done and out the door. Holes are holes and as long as the location is correct change the tool in the program and be done with it. They are lazy I would either charge them a $5K change order charge for that laziness or drill them to the new size using the old stuff and be done with it. Just my opinion.

I would change the tool in my program and call it done. As long as the location is correct why do you need to change the DXF? Get the job done and out the door. Holes are holes and as long as the location is correct change the tool in the program and be done with it. They are lazy I would either charge them a $5K change order charge for that laziness or drill them to the new size using the old stuff and be done with it. Just my opinion.

There are multiple hole sizes on the drawing and the machine we are using for this can only use a single tool so you pretty much have to use your smallest size diameter hole for the tool and then contour all the holes.