Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Contour depth cuts

G Caputo

Hi all,

I am using a simple contour toolpath in 9.1sp1. What I have is 12 contours total. 4 at say Z+0, 4 more at Z+10 and again 4 more at Z+20. This is the order I want to cut them in. Using the depth cut option I can do these depths by contour or by depth. I don't want to use the "by contour" option. What i want want is the "by depths" option, but when selecting this, it wants to start at Z+20 as the first depth, being this is farthest from zero and is technically "by depth". I know I have the option of transforming the toolpath by just doing the contour at Z+0 first. Or I could make 3 seperate toolpaths to accomplish this. Is there a way to basically reverse the order that mastercam chooses to do it's depth cuts? confused.gif

Thanks,

Greg

Thanks Iskander,

That is the only way I see how to do it, not a big deal, but I am also trying to be lazy too. cheers.gif And as for not staring at the top, Z+20, all the workpoints for the part are coming from where the Z=0 is set at. This is being done on a horizontal bar mill with the rotary table turned and the job and the part are as close as possible to the toolchanger to keep the spindle retracted as much as possible to try and find some rigidity. This way if everything clears at Z zero, the rest of the part will clear aesily and no need to watch it.

Greg

Andy,

Sorry, was away for a bit. My contours are all drawn at different depths and all my Z moves are incremental. Just looking for a way if it was possible to go from lowest to highest, not highest to lowest.

Thanks for the help all and still wondering if this is possible.

Greg