Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sample Haas Code Please.

crazy^millman

Ok guys as I have said I got 2 HAAS Machines coming one is going to be a VF2 SS and the other is going to be a VF4 SS with full 4th axis. I am looking for really three or four things here. Oh yeah been about 10 years since being on a HAAS so rusty would be an understatment but not worried.

1)What you guys like for toolchange code with the fixture offsets. These machine will have expaneded offsets with Macros.

2)End of operation and End of program code.

3)Rigid Tapping code and calls need to look like.

4)Rotary axis code. If you like home out at the end of the program. If you use lock codes or not.

I have taken the newest MPMASTER and made it MPMASTER_HAAS and feel pretty good but would lvoe to get all the bugs worked out of the post as possible before they are running.

Last thing I am asking what you guys think about the need for balanced toolholders. These machines will have a 12,000 rpm spindles which to me is right at the border of the start of high rpms. I am going to get standard collet holders balanced to 18,000 rpms but thinking on drilling and thing I would never be at that rpm do you guys think they all need to be balanced or only the holders I am planing to do the high RPMS with. I have a good idea but would like to hear what you guys think.

As always guys I appercaite any and everything you can help me with.

Crazy Millman

Hi Millman!

We have worked with one VF2SS here, and i create one post for this wonderful machine.

It is based in HAAS post included in Mcam Posts of CD, with support for 4th axis too.

It has been worked very good, i believe you only must to make some adjustments in header, in a variable with my name (DANIEL), replace for name desired or leave in white.

I translate some words for you understand.

It is much better MPMASTER, believe!!

I´ve been worked it is in last six (6) months, and repair all possibles bugs.Its very secure.

I´m sending files to you (Post more one Sample NC file) in ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/Ma...illmanVf2ss.zip

Rigid Tapping = G84 X Y Z F - F = Rpm x Pitch

End of program = M30

End of Sub Program = M98

Local call = M97 Pnnnnn where P = number line

Sub program call = M98 Pnnnnnn where P = Program number

MACRO CALL = G65

M10 = Engage 4th axis

M10 = release 4th axis

I´m wait to have helped.

Sorry one more time my wrong english my good friend. :-)

Best regards. cheers.gif

Daniel.

Portuguese (For you wife translate) biggrin.gif

Olá Ron,

Nós temos trabalhado com uma VF2SS aqui, e eu crie um Pós-Processador para esta maravilhosa máquina.

Ele é basedo no Pós para a HASS incluso no CD do Mastercam, com suporte a 4 eixo.

Ele tem trabalhado muito bem, e acredito que você precise fazer alguns ajustes no cabeçalho, na variável com meu nome, substitua pelo nome que desejar ou deixe em branco.

Eu traduzi algumas palavras pra você, mas ele já é em inglês.

Ele é melhor que o MPMASTER, acredite, eu acrescentei algumas coisas legais, no cabeçalho, comentários, etc.

Quanto a alta rotação, tenho usado as 12000 rpms, balanceados e não, tomando cuidado na hora da compra, (eles devem ser o mais simetricos possiveis) e cabeçotes multiplicadores de velocidade até 30000 rpms sem probelmas.

Este pós retorna a origem e sempre sobe a ferramenta até o ponto de troca antes de tudo, inicio meio e fim.

Não processe toolpaths com mais de 0.025 mm de tolerância ou terá problemas de erro de arcos na maquina, ela é bem sensivel, e não filtre toolpaths com mais que isso também.

Estou mandando ele em anexo.

Um abraço, de seu bom amigo.

Desculpe pelo meu inglês horrivel, comecei a ter aulas ontem.

E desculpas a sua esposa pelo incomôdo. frown.gif

Daniel.

[ 11-08-2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Piu ]

I recall a little while back there was mention of a post mod to have the coolant turn on (MO8) before the inital rapid/lenght offset Z move (G43 H* Z*). Apparently some machines don't get the coolant flowing for a few seconds (maybe the larger machines with longer distance from pump to nozzle?).

Millman, if your running the highspeed SS machines, it sounds like your tool might get into the part before the Haas/Harbor Freight coolant pump gets the juice flowing. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif ...and you might want to switch that around.

Millman, I don't think balancing will be a problem at that RPM. (Not that I would run it more than 11,000, but that's me) I wouldn't use anything but collet holders above 8,000 or 9,000.

For tool changes, I shut off the coolant when it comes to the clearance plane, then use the M06 to kill the spindle while the Z moves up for the tool change. (Saves about 2-4 seconds per tool change)

I hard-coded my 4 axis posts to return to Machine Z0 to move between fixtures or rotate/index now that there's more than just me running them. (My fixture is centered about 9" above the table, so it's not too far to go, and it's worth the safty)

At the end of the program, I generally return A to -20 for loading/unloading the Gerardis, but it's not hard coded yet. I'll prolly set up something in Misc Values to toggle it and enter a value, or maybe just a prompt for it at the end of the post.

Are you getting the side mount turret? Keep in mind that the tool comes down 4-1/2" or so with the arm when it swings. (On mine anyway).

We played hockey with it last week. I have a 3/4" dia x .188 thick carbide insert that I use for setting tools. It sits on top of the part/fixture/whathaveyou while setting TLOs. Had a drill coming up, and it came down and swung into that carbide insert and flung it across the machine. eek.gif The drill missed the fixture by about .038" by my calculations. It would have been ugly. (No, it wasn't me) wink.gif

Since you've got macros, you can probably make a macro to check the TLO against a pre-set safty zone in the Z axis, and move out of the way for a tool change if it's too long.

If you want some 'plug-ins' for your post, lemme know.

'Rekd

Sorry guys have the inlaws for a few months and been some adjusting to them being here they have been talking to everyone back in Brazil on the computer to let them know they are ok.

The machines we are getting both have the side mount with a 1.6 toolchangers and one will have thur the spindle coolant so that will come in very handy keeping those aluminum part free on chips on those 18 hour run times. I will need the 4th axis not to home for this job we are needing this machine for and told the HAAS 4th axis did not need to home to keep running the part we have coing up. i will also bee putting a 1.5" Alum jig Plate that will be 54" x 20" so I can mount the $th axis and the Thru Body Tail stock at the very limits of travel and put my 48" 4th axis fixture in there and machien the parts going in there. I am thinking that I will save about 22 hours a part on 40 parts so this machine will be key to meeting this customers requirement for delivery and tolerances.

Rekd all I can say is YES I am man enough to say I will take any help you have to offer me with what I know are cool goodies on your part.

Trevor thank you for that information. I am only considering toolshank holers for clereance needed on some of the Crazy parts we do so to speak where I am looking to get 1/8" tool down 4" to 6" deep in complex areas for them impossible sharp corenrs people think we just crap out.

cmr that is a good thing to be lookign for sicne one will have thru the spindle be curios to see if they have thought of this much need thing for cutting parts.

I have 8 molds lined up with a the 40 pcs Aluminum Casting job coming up so I can see work for the next 6 to 8 weeks to put them through the test quick. To be honest I am very scekptial that thy can do what is promised but I am always open to being proved wrong.

Ok sorry to go on and guess it never hurts to ask for help with them light bulbs huh Rekd. J/K biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Crazy Millman

[ 11-09-2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Well guys the frist one showed uptoday and now it looks like since the we kinda waited till the last minute have to wait another week on the VF4. I dont have the digitail today but will take some pic's and put it up for you guys to take a look at. Ok this maxchine has soem very cool stuff. A place to hold tool holders that asl have a shelf that interchanges and a block for lossing and tighting up tools. I went wit hthe lyndex Toolholders best price standard 18,000 rpm balanced and the ultra precision collets in a E20 for the ability to do 1/2" down to .03 I think that will be the ticket there. I will keep everyone informed how things go.

Crazy Millman

What kind of communications system are they coming with (rs-232 or ethernet)? And memory, too? I'm interested to see what features they pack on the SS machines, because to get the ethernet on a basic machine they really nail ya (3000$+! mad.gif ). However you probably really need it on the highspeed machines.

Meanwhile NIC cards are going for under 10$. mad.gif

Well it will be rs232 they didnt feel comfortable withthe ehternet at this time so no dice there. it has 16 mb which to us is pretty much usless. I have got the cable all done got the code all figured out and even understand that g187 that Rekd showed me so will just go form there neat things on the machine when I got more time I will explain soem fo the thing right now off to bed.

Crazy Millman

The last Haas VMC that I worked on with a VF/HS control had a programmable coolant nozzle position. On this machine it was critical that the M08 command was on the line with the G43 H## tool length offset. This allowed the machine to move the nozzle into position while compensating for the tool length. I was always told that if you programmed the M08 later, it would not correct the nozzle position for the tool length (never tried it that way, so maybe that is not the case). I know that one customer I worked with had some programmer problems because if they programmed the M08 early (with the tool up in the tool change position) on older machines without full guards / shields, they would give the operator a shower. Once their posts were corrected, this problem went away (except when a programmer would manually make changes at the machine). Good luck with your new machines - HAVE FUN!!!

Ok let me rephrase the 16 mb of Memeory. On most of our parts that we have toolpaths over 16 mb so yes 16 mb is no good to us. I also say that is we have toolpaths over 1.44 mb (normal disk size) then it will require RS232 to send the programs to the machine. I have not sent programs to the HAAS yet so can only go my past experiences on other Machines and ten years ago most toolpaths that where done on the HAAS I ran never got over 1mb so memory was not a problem. This process of sending programs to the machine for the memory via RS232 was a slow process. I am getting a new computer with 4 comm ports getting DNC software soon to allow us DNC from that the new machine as well as the old Machines and will leave the system we have pretty much as status is for now. In that regard it makes the 16 mb of memory for memory stored programs not needed but from what I understand if very good to have for a buffer for RS232 again I just got the machine on the floor so if I am speaking out of turn then I will gladly put up a rebuttal on the Forum stating such.

I was also stating my response in the context of a comparsion to ethernet and a hard drive capacity avaibialty that 16 mb does become useless if that does come around to be a viable system for use here. I have used a machine with the ethernet and windows 2000nt on it and it rocks. I know people disagree that windows controller systems are not a way to go but when files sizes are over 10 mb I ask why not. Again this is just my opinion and not based on anything but what I have seen and done it is not an indictment on the Machine or 16 mb of memory just me speaking on this forum. We do mastermodels here and we will be doing somthing I can not dicuss at all for we are devloping a propetiry process that will require huge file for finishing parts in the new process underdevelopment at this time.

Recpectfully, Crazy Millman

[ 11-11-2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Well update this machine does use the 16 mb as a buffer for the DNC. It is real easy to use and this machine freaking rocks folks. I am amazed how they can offer this much on a machine at this price. We will be gettign the New computer for it next week when the VF4 shows up next week.

I eat my words that the 16 mb is usless it is great how they have it set up for the big files to run and not get data starved.

Crazy Millman

Huh, I did'nt know that it would use basically all of it's memory for buffer. I have always wondered how the buffer allocations worked in the Haas controllers. I guess with that large of a buffer, you could run s l o w e r rs-232 communications without starvation. You have the "high speed look-ahead" feature on that machine too?

P.S. I'm running a 25' rs-232 to a Haas at full-blast 100,000+ baud, and have yet to have a problem. eek.gifeek.gif

Not sure what thru coolant setup you have with your haas,but if you plan on using it regularly, make sure you familiarize yourself with all the specifics of it - where the filters are and what not. even if you don't use it regularly during your machinging of parts, make sure you turn it on periodically to keep the crud from building up. also, we've found that the gages they put on there for telling you when the filters need to be changed are worthless. you may want to add a pressure gage on the inline to see easier what pressure you are running. and just make sure you have plenty of all the different filters on hand for when the alarms start coming. don't get me wrong, the thru coolant rocks on these machines but they can be a pain when they start to get dirty with chips and such. (we cut aluminum and steel on our haas's)

good luck and happy milling!! cheers.gif

Thanks Biss for that tid bit but we are on the 4th machine for the second at this point and well I am about 5 years older from all the messign around to get that finnaly mabe going in the right direction. This machine does not have thru the spindle and the new one will not either so looks like I jumped the gun on that one. It is funny you tell someone soemthing, explain soemone soemthing but until they see it they don't really beleive you kinda like comments I see about the stars and the wet paint. Well apperciate you guys responding back.

Crazy Millman

Hello

Just a little note about the Rigid Tapping. In the settings (#130 I think?) on the haas control there is a "Tap Retract Speed" setting this number mutiplies the taps feed rate when backing out. A cool feature smile.gif

You might want to check out some of the other settings on the haas too like the "Quick Rotary G28" setting this sends the 4th aixis home the quickest direction when a G28 is called.

I work withA HAAS VF3 and a VF2 with a rotary so if you have any questions just ask I may be able to help.

Eric

[ 11-13-2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Eric Salsman ]

we found out about the tap retract speed the hard/scary way - by accident. first time we bought a used HAAS machine. all the new ones come from the factory set to not increase the speed. i never saw the boss move so fast to hit the e-stop button. he thought i had the G85 code for a tapmatic rather than the G84 rigid tap code until we got to reading the manual - what a novel idea, reading the manual. this is actually a great way to find the neat little tricks and codes for the HAAS machines that can increase production and effeciency (providing your boss gives you the freedom to explore). another good place to check out is the HAAS website. some of the stuff is pretty basic, but once in awhile you find something that makes the bulb above your head light up! biggrin.gif