Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

showing off : )

mayday

No pics of tools but here are images of drawing for carbide cutting tools we make day in and day out with Ø0.006" wire on an EDM. These tools are used on our production floor. We have hundreds upon hundreds of different tools.

By the way the dimensions are millimeters eek.gif not inches. ±0.005mm spacing with a overall profile tolerance of ±0.010mm.

S03.999.398.jpg

S03.999.395.jpg

quote:

Metric, schmetric. This here is Amurrica, boy. Leave that foreen crap at the door. (Besides, those damn little lines kill me!)

LOL...

I no ats Amurrica but do's mallymeters r just so much ese'er to do'um.

We dual dimension alot of things, in the toolroom / job shop here it's inches. Piston rings on the production floor all metric.

It's all German, Japenese and Swiss machines here. It's funny we're the only ones in the world, beside s England I think, that uses inches.

I hate first angle projection. The US I think also only uses third angle projection in the world still. I will give up inches for millimeters but not 3rd angle projection.

Brent teh metric boy cheers.gif

[ 12-05-2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Brent Wilkerson ]

quote:

For what? A city block?

wrong part back up to the top of the post for the steering housing.

the house biggrin.gif is a base for a twin spindle crankshaft lathe. worse yet our fab shop guys had to fab those things in our shop cause they dont have the crain for it. it took both our 25 tons to pick them up and roll em on there sides.

by the way Rob I do the fun part - gramming them. I only run stuff when I have to. aint to often anymore,just the way I like it

quote:

I dont know bout that Thad,how would you like to load these parts

they only wiegh 45 TON

I was just kiddin' about the gravy job. wink.gif It really is an impressive part.

I wouldn't be interested in cutting parts that big. I respect the guys who do it though. I prefer the smaller stuff.

Is that an FPT (Italian) boring mill? Their North American facility is right down the street from us. WOW, how much bigger is the table than what we see in the picture? I'll try to get a pic up of our boring mill.

Thad

quote:

FPT

Thats where we bought it Thad , by the way your shop picks and parts look familiar. are those mock autobody parts??

quote:

how much bigger is the table than what we see in the picture?

It has 46' of travel, 2 heads for it. one is a ridgid straight spindle and the other is a A,B, ring indexing head to do stuff like this

50.jpg

quote:

video clips

I'll see what I can do Trev

Here are a few shots of a billet aluminum laptop housing I finished a short time ago. Each half started as a 22lb blank, one side weighed 1.5lbs the other 1.7lbs after about a 4 hour cycle time per side. The finished product is pretty cool, it has no keyboard. The unit has 2 15" LCD touch screens. You can view it as a book or as a conventional laptop with a virtual keyboard.

The biggest problem I ran in to was holding it, 10' draft on the sides, ended up using a nested vacuum fixture.

No thinking back the biggest problem was with my customer changing his mind and sending new models of the part. What I have a magic wand I wave to get new code and parts. I guess that falls under you pay, I will play. Why is my job so much fun?

This was my second Level 3 job, O I learned a lot about MasterCam on this one.

CasePans1.jpg

CasePans2.jpg

CasePans3.jpg

John