Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Thread Milling with a Heidenhain

G Caputo

I have a few questions if anyone on here would be kind enough to help me. I am doing a internal thread using a carboloy inserted threadmill. My question pertains to the code mastercam produces not being correct.

21 CP IPA+95.654 Z-1.5225 DR+ RL

Above is correct.

28 ERROR = 28 CP IPA+95.654 RL Z-1.5225 DR+

This one is incorrect. When it pulls into the control, it throws in the error and comes up with a syntax error. (I have never seen this one either). You cannot program a heidenhain with the RL before the "Z" on any of them that I have ever seen. It is not the order that they allow. So my questions are: Could this possibly be anything I did in the MC9 file itself when I created the threadmilling toolpath? If so, that would be where I would resolve my problem first. Secondly, if I "debug" my post and find where this is coming from and change the order it outputs so iI get the proper line sequence, on what other toolpaths will I see, or could see repurcussions from doing this? (What else is related in the post to this toolpath?)

This is the first time in over a years time that I have needed to post out a threading sequence, normally we just run a tap in the hole, but the engineers had better plans....2-1/8"-20. bonk.gif

Any help/insight is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

EDIT: I might have found the error in my ways. I am tring to use cutter comp in the control. There is no entry/exit box in this toolpath. Therefore, I doubt I can turn the comp on. Any suggestions on how I might accomplish this using cutter comp in the control? confused.gif

Check fo this Greg, look at the order

pheloutz #Output to NC of helical interpolation

pbld, pn, "CC", parc, peob, e

pcan1, pbld, pn, "CP", `sgfeed, *sweep,

!xabs, !xinc, !yabs, !yinc, pzout, pcout, *sgcodeh, pccdia, !i, !j, !k, !iout, !jout, !kout, `feed, strcantext, peob, e

#if nextz = z, pn, *sg01, pfxout, pfyout, pfzout, pccdia, feed, strcantext, scoolant, peob, e # Repeat position

prv_gcode = m_one

Mayday & Mike,

Thanks for responding. I stand corrected. I just changed the program in the control and it does understand the cutter comp in control, it looks like it just needs the sequence put into the corrected order in the post. I have a meeting to attend, and then I am outta here for the day. I will look into it first thing in the morning. (If I can see thru the green goggles I am gonna get tonight) Thanks guys. cheers.gifcheers.gif

Greg

Update.... All that was required was removing the "pccdia" from it's previous position and putting it before the feed.

pcan1, pbld, pn, "CP", `sgfeed, *sweep,!xabs,

!xinc, !yabs, !yinc, pzout, pcout, *sgcodeh, !i, !j, !k, !iout, !jout, !kout, pccdia, feed, strcantext, scoolant, peob, e

Thanks for the help. cheers.gif

Greg